In 1724 a certificate was presented to the Bishop of Gloucester saying that Presbyterians intended to hold a meeting to worship God in a new house built for that purpose in Chipping Campden. This Campden meeting house became a Baptist Chapel when the Rev. Elisha Smith arrived as pastor in 1785. A new Baptist Church was built to replace the chapel, with a manse and schoolroom in 1872.
The doorway at the side of the Baptist Church has an arch with an inscription over it “Entrance to Gallery School and Minister’s House”. What was the Gallery School? Does anyone have more information?