We are a very active society, with around 250 members and a regular attendance of 80 at our monthly talks. Our members have undertaken research projects on a variety of topics.
We have a varied programme of monthly talks which take place in Campden Town Hall on Thursday evenings at 7.30pm, generally with an outside speaker, from September to April. For more information on forthcoming and past talks click on the link below.
If you are interested in the history of the local area, your house and the families who lived there then our local study group could be for you. Our meetings are led by members, on a topic of local or family interest.
Meetings will re-start in September 2021, watch out for more news on our Home page.
Outings and events
We occasionally arrange outings to places of historical interest; other events may be planned to promote particular activities or exhibitions.
Examples of activities undertaken by volunteers
- Transcribing Campden Wills and Inventories from 1550-1850
- Research into the history of houses in Broad Campden and Park Road in Campden
- Maintaining our website and social media
- Cataloguing items in the CCHS Archive
- Researching and writing and editing publications, such as our journal ‘Signpost’ and books and leaflets.