Skip to content
Make an enquiry
Bringing local history to life
Events & Activities
You are here:
Explore our archive
'Butchers House' deeds
Various deeds from 1754-1996, with a synopsis listing the owners and occupiers: Roberts, Clark, Penson, Franklin, Ladbrook, Blakeman, Penney.
'Campden a New History', meetings and book launch details.
‘Campden a New History’, meetings and book launch details. Correspondence with Allan Warmington, editor of the book.
'Celebrating Ashbee' 1988. Felicity Ashbee, talk and notes
Felicity Ashbee, ‘Celebrating Ashbee’ 1988. 1. Typescript of a talk given to Cheltenham ‘Friends of the Museum’ on 3.5.88 2. Plaque Unveiling at the Old Silk Mill 23.6.88. 3. Comrade-Wife talk 23.6.88 4. Photocopy of typescript and manuscript. Notes about Ashbee by Alan Crawford (copy of manuscript). By Fiona McCarthy. Both undated. 5. Programme for weekend of events ‘Celebrating Ashbee’ ...
'Chipping Campden' by J. P. Nelson, book review 1975
‘Chipping Campden’ by J. P. Nelson, book review (probably Evesham Journal), 1975
'Country Folk Country Ways: Reflections of the Cotswolds'. 2009, newspaper cutting.
Publication and exhibition of a book by Betty Stocker and Tooty Gibbs, ‘Country Folk Country Ways: Reflections of the Cotswolds’. Cutting from the ‘Cotswold Journal’ 5/11/2009, with illustrations.
'Country Life' article about Campden 1916
Pages from Country Life magazine 18 November 1916, about Campden House and the village by H Avray Tipping. Photos by Country Life
'Holly and the Ivy', page from Penguin 'Book of Christmas Carols'
Penguin “Book of Christmas Carols”, pub. 1967, p 30, photocopy of page mentioning Cecil Sharp of Chipping Campden regarding the “Holly and the Ivy”.
'King's' Fire in 1969. Newspaper cutting
Fire at ‘King’s’ in 1969, proprietor Hugh Corbett. Ernie Lockyer, sub-officer of the retained Fire Service was having his hair cut when the alarm sounded. Cutting from the ‘Evesham Journal’ January 15th 2009.
'Life' visits a graceful Cotswold town house in Chipping Campden
Mrs Phyllis Murray-Gourley. Article about ‘The Martins’, behind the Market Hall, in ‘Cotswold Life’ Ocotober/November 1967. Pictures of the interior and back of the house, pp20-22. Photo of St James Church from the Coneygree, with one of the Banqueting Houses in the foreground, p.13. Front cover shows Campden High Street looking ...
'Little Orchard Cottage', where Graham Greene once lived (1931-34). Newspaper cutting 1999
‘Little Orchard Cottage’, where Graham Greene once lived (1931-34). Cutting from ‘The Times’, ‘Weekend Section’ 16.10.99.
'Memories of an Old Campdonian' , correspondence
Letters between Allan Warmington, and John McNamara about Fred Coldicott’s Book, ‘Memories of an Old Campdonian’ and a letter from Craig Fees. Copyright Agreement with Fred Coldicott Cutting from Evesham Journal July 28, 1994 re launch of book
'Tempani' and two other cottages in Broad Campden, notes from leases
‘Tembani’, description of leases and deed for ‘Tembani’ and 2 other cottages in Broad Campden. Typed notes. Listed by Roger Fowle.
'Thankful Campden' exhibition in St. James Church, papers
Papers relating to the ‘Thankful Campden’ exhibition in St. James Church.
'The Canterbury Tales', filmed in Chipping Campden. Report and photos 1971
Pasolini’s film of Chaucer’s ‘The Canterbury Tales’, filmed in Chipping Campden. Report and photos in the Evesham Journal 23.9.1971. Duplicate copy.
'The Fabulous Four', Grevel, Hicks, Dover, Ashbee, article and photographs
Articles in “Yesterday’s Bristol” pp 24 and 25 (undated) by Lisa Patrick, Sep/Oct 1994. 1. ‘The Fabulous Four’. Details about William Grevel, Robert Dover, C.R. Ashbee and Sir Baptist Hicks, and a photograph of the Market hall. 2. ‘Chipping Campden – Which Valley’, with photographs of William Grevel’s house and the Alms Houses. (Photos ...
'The Guild', Silk Mill , Sheep Street, historical assessment 1999
Silk Mill , Sheep Street, historical assessment. Notes by Diana Evans. Permission to copy parts but not the whole of the document from the authors. 1999
'The making of the Four Shires', articles written by Allan Warmington, 1981.
‘The making of the Four Shires’, articles written by Allan Warmington, published in the ‘Evesham Journal’ Spring 1981. Photocopies, newspaper cuttings and letters in newspapers about the articles. Article ‘The Four Shire Stone mystery’ by A. W. Excell. Unidentified newspapers. From Allan Warmington’s papers.
'The Scout', 1909, article
“The Scout”, 10/7/1909, copy of article about May 29th when every schoolboy wears an oak-leaf
'Trading Places' book, source material
Source Material for “Trading Places” in Campden. List of properties with history of trades practised and owners/traders. Compiled by the Community Archive team.
'Trading Places' launch, 2004, newspaper cutting
Cutting from the Cotswold Journal about the launch of “Trading Places”, 7/10/2004. Picture of Dorrie Ellis, Jenny Bruce, Gordon Greenall, Robert Smith, Judith Ellis, Dorothy Stanley. 7/10/2004
"A Nativity Play", performance 1938
Nativity Play “A Nativity Play” by Mgr. R. H. Benson at the Town Hall 19th and 20th December, 1938. Jenny Bruce’s mother S. Pieters plays a part.
"Campden a New History", letters and details of meetings about the book.
“Campden a New History”, letters and details of meetings about the book.
"Hare and Hounds" (now the Lygon), Campden. Invoice for conveyancing 1821.
Bill from solicitors for conveyancing “Hare and Hounds” (now the Lygon), Campden in 1821. Paid by Mr W Izod to Wyatts Solicitors,1824. Sold by Izod to Hickman. Photocopy, original at the Lygon Arms.
"K" Company , 2nd V.B. Glo'ster Regiment. Invitation to a Volunteer Ball,1889.
“K” Company , 2nd V.B. Glo’ster Regiment at the Assembly Rooms, Noel Arms, Invitation to a Volunteer Ball on Monday, March 4th, 1889.
Ways to explore the archive
Search the archive
List of subjects
List of formats
List of keywords
Privacy and cookies
The Old Police StationHigh StreetChipping CampdenGloucestershireGL55 6HB