Skip to content
Make an enquiry
Bringing local history to life
Get in touch
You are here:
Explore our archive
'Campden violets' scent bottle
“Campden Violets” scent bottle, with a picture of St James’ Church and a thatched cottage in front of it.
'Good fortune coin', given by Mrs Willis to May Keyte at her marriage in August 1920
‘Good fortune coin’, given by Mrs Willis to May Charlotte Keyte at her marriage in August 1920 to Percy T. Jones, at St.James Church.
Archaeological finds from Bennetts, High Street.
Archaeological finds from Bennetts, High Street, resulting from an excavation behind the building in preparation for conversion of outhouse. Cotswold Archaeology, 2015.
Artifacts recovered from Sir Baptist Hicks Almshouses Dig 2012
Artifacts recovered from Almshouses Dig 2012 – clay pipe pieces, pottery – tyg, shards
Bayonet pieces, WWI
Bayonet pieces dug up in Barbara Rawcliffe’s garden in December 2007. With notes by Jill Wilson. Query Ref 07.090. Letter from Jessica Stewart, Department of Weapons, Equipment and vehiclles suggesting that it would have been in use between 1907 and 1913. Letter from Cotswold District Council, Corinium Museum, identification as bayonet of a ...
Black cape and cap, worn by Polly Waine
Polly Waine’s black lace trimmed grosgrain cape & black trimmed cap. Notes by Carol Jackson.
Brass hand bell
19th century Brass Hand Bell with inscription “Presented to the Revd. F. S. Forster M.A. by the Bellringers of Campden on his Marriage. Nov. 6th 1890”. Ebonised handle. Phillip’s sale catalogue Lot 71, purchased 20/3/1996 at the Woolstaplers’ Hall Museum sale.
CADHAS Millenium Exhibition. Collection of stones, coins etc.
CADHAS Millennium Exhibition 2000. Collection of stones and coins, costal, pottery fragments.
Campden Trade Tokens
Five Campden trade tokens: William Coltman 1667, John Dickens 1657, Valentin Smith 1651, William Yeate, mercer, 1666, George Freeman. See papers in Query 17.089
Carrier bags from the Campden Trading Company
Two brown carrier bags, one paper one plastic, featuring a b & w illustration of the shop’s premises at Symes House on the High Street.
Chauffeur's hat, Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor, Chauffeur’s hat. Last chauffeur in Campden, 2006.
China cup and saucer, H Wixey
White china cup and saucer with a black and white transfer print of St James Church, Manufactured for H Wixey, China dealer, Wixted House, Campden, Pre-1914. Includes notes about The Wixey famly and details from the Wixted House deeds from 1915 to 1986.
China mug celebrating the Cotswold line.
China mug celebrating the Cotswold railway line. Inscription “Cotswold Line Millennium” and “1st May 1852”. Celebration of the centenary but taking place in 2000.
Chipping Campden Grammar School blazer badge
Fabric blazer badge of Chipping Campden School. Presented by Mrs Jones.
Chipping Campden Camera Club Cup
Chipping Campden Camera Club cup, won in 2000, 2001 and 2002 by Susan Ward, Alan Burden and Paul Moseley respectively. Small inscribed salver. Awarded for the annual slide competition.
Chipping Campden Debating Society Gavel
19cm brass gavel with 13cm x 28cm oak [?] wood stand which was used at meetings of the Society which was disbanded in 2013. A brass plaque on the stand reads “Chipping Campden Debating Society 1935-1985”. The base of the stand is covered with brown felt and has a central cut out section displaying a ...
Chipping Campden Grammar School badges etc
Chipping Campden School, caps, bands, school badges and ribbons,1960s?
Clay pipes. Found in the garden of Dudley Howell’s house.
Conduit pipe, Campden House
8 inch length of conduit pipe, allegedly from the water supply of Baptist Hicks.
Mrs J Smith, Campden, part of a dog collar with her name on a brass identifier.
Football Cup Winners
Silver presentation cup [not hallmarked] on black bakelite [?] stand, Enammelled circlular badge on side depicting blue and yellow shield and words Cheltenham League Hospital Cup. Presented to Campden Town Football Club. Date unknown – possibly 1931-1932. Size: approx 5″/13cm including stand.
Silver [not hallmarked] fob chain with circular medallion attached. Engraved and enamelled badge of Gloucestershire Football Association on one side. Engraved on reverse: North Minor Cup Winners 1931-1932 – Campden Town F.C. – H.Hart
Silver [not hallmarked] fob chain with 3 hallmarked silver medallions attached. 1) Engraved and enamelled badge of Gloucestershire Football Association on one side. Engraved on reverse: North Minor Cup Winners 1931-1932 – Campden Town F.C. – R. Merriman 2) Engraved on rim on one side Campden F.C. and on central shield with B.H.C.C. ...
Marine Fossils, Ammonites, Belemnites, Bivalve Molluscs, Brachiopods, Oolitic limestone and others. List of fossils by Jill Wilson. Digital list accessed into Digital Box A4
Ways to explore the archive
Search the archive
List of subjects
List of formats
List of keywords
Privacy and cookies
The Old Police StationHigh StreetChipping CampdenGloucestershireGL55 6HB